Very well written Larry, and with proper grammar too.  I'm not sure he will
"get it" though.  Maybe you should have added the following progressive phrase
in his level of arguement...."WELL, MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD".

p.s. My mechanic back in Maryland used to drag race a very nice post-79 Camino
with an Olds 455 wedged in it.  It performed very well and always had everyone
trying to figure out what was under the hood.  I tink that you should never
worry about what other people think as long as your project makes you happy.
It's your money...

Steve