Dan…I sure am tempted to get my car painted metal flake. It’ll be this fall before I make the commitment, but want to find out if there are any major problems. I need to find a good paint shop in Houston!!

  Dan Mascheck

From: Dan McIntosh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 2:47 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Paint Metal Flake

Alot of lowriders still use flake.

I just painted a motorcycle solid red flake.  Took about 12 coats of clear to bury it all enough to be wetsanded out.  It looks absolutely amazing though.

House of Kolor has a very nice selection of flakes, as does OSF (Old School Flake)

Good luck!

Dan McIntosh
1963 Impala SS Convertible
Street Metal Fabrications