It depends on what pinion yoke was used on the 12 bolt.  There were like 3 or 4 different ones.  High performance cars (IE L78, L89, LS6) got a 1350 series pinion yoke which were much bigger than than the normal stock 1310 series.  There are also variations of how the caps set in the yoke also.  Some had little tabs on the end, some did not.  Not all pinion yokes use the 2 straps and bolts either.  The one on my 12 bolt uses the U bolts.  To be sure on what your application is, best thing to do is measure it with a caliper.  I ended up using a junk joint to get mine to work.

Tom