John
glad you and the El Camino are both still in good shape!
happy motoring!
Bill Bradley
67 Malibu
Edmond Oklahoma

John Nasta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, say what you want about lights and gauges, but to some extent I am liking the timing/testing method. I have it in a really sweet spot right now. It's so easy with HEI because you don’t have to worry about adjusting dwell angle (points). It's just one easy-to-reach bolt and a tiny nudge, and you can quickly find where your engine runs best.

I took a nice spin around the cloverleaf on eastbound Northern State Pkwy today at exit 38 (Sunnyside Rd a.k.a. exit 46 on the L.I.E.). Took it a little too fast and ended up on the grass. Yee-ha. I stalled and stopped at about the same time (funny how that happens). Started right back up and got on my merry way. Smelled something like burnt rubber afterwards, probably because of the burnt rubber (from the massive skid). They really should have a sign there to let you know it's a sharp curve. The El Camino is unscathed and still kicking butt.

John Nasta