I got excited about gas cost until I did some math. If gas went from 1.80 to 2.20 per gallon and I got only, for easy math, 10mpg, that's only $.04 increase per mile. On a 5,000 mile trip, which is some serious saddle time for a 10mpg rig, that's an extra $200. Money's money but only an extra $200 on a run like that would not make me panic too bad. Lot of ways to make that up......don't feed the spouse or kids at a few stops. Not talking about maintaining a happy home life, just saving money. Or only take roads that go downhill. Don't forget drafting ( aka tailgating if done under 100 or so mph )

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike f" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] tuning

I have heard the Vortec V-6 will fit. Or perhaps take
out a second mortgage. I couldn't help it. lol
mike
--- Dennis Kiernan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there such a thing as tuning a car for maximum
mpg by maybe
sacrificing elsewhere such as power or acceleration?
My gas-eater
will be going on a 5000 mile journey this summer and
I'm trying to
do what I can to avoid seriously depleting the
world's oil supplies
(not to mention my wallet)..