> From: "bob howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2005/05/13 Fri PM 02:03:53 EDT
> To: <Chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
> Subject: Re: RE: [Chevelle-list] trany change?

BOB : thanks for the info. I have a 327 350 horse and ive wanted to put something  behind that that would get mileage and still have punch. I'll start looking for one. do you know if the power glide shifter will still work or do i need a new shifter? Id  like to keep the console stock of i can .
  Bob

-------Original Message-------

Date: 05/12/05 13:51:07
Subject: Re: RE: [Chevelle-list] trany change?

I have a 2004R in my 63 Nova and I'm real happy with it.  1st gear is much better than the 700r4 in a friends Nova and the TH350 I had before the 200 installation.  I first installed it behind a 283 that would not spin a tire on wet pavement with the TH350 and the difference was unbelievable.  I replaced the 283 with a 350/350 and the 3.08 peg leg with 3.55 posi and one trip down the strip netted 13.8 and 102 with street tires.  The drive shaft didn't have to be cut but the transmission mount had to be custom built.  1st gen Nova's don't have frames nor did they ever have the TH400 as an option so a Chevelle mount should be much easier to make fit.
Bob Haggard

> From: "Dave Studly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> I like the 200r4 too - in theory.  I just don't know anyone who is running
> one.  The fact that they are the same overall length as a Powerglide/TH350
> should make the swap a little easier than a 700r4.
>

> I also like the narrower gear split from 1st to 2nd  (2.74, 1.57) , compared
> to the wide split in a 700r4 (3.06, 1.57)
>

> The 700r4 or 200r4 do not need a computer.  The 700r4 was later referred to
> as the 4L60.  If you get a 4L60E (E=Electronic), you will need a computer.
>

> Hope this helps.
>

> -Dave
>

>   _____

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!