Thank you Pete,

Yes I do have 3 levels of the fan now.   That was a good one.

Nice all you experts are so good.

Kelly

In a message dated 5/23/2005 2:50:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Chevelle-list] Electrical Connection - Top of Heater
> I have a 64 El Camino and noticed that a three prong plug was not connected
> to the top of the heater.    My heater and fan work great with or  without the
> three prong plugged in or out.  Anyone have any ideas what it  is for or if
> it should be connected or disconnected.   I do not have  AC.

> Kelly

That sounds like the plug that connects to the resistor that gives the fan low and medium speeds.
Without it you should only get high speed on the fan.
Resistor attaches to heater duct with two screws.

Pete Geurds
Douglassville, PA