----- Original Message -----
From: Dale

I rebuilt a 396 (1969 model) twice and retained the 10.25:1 pistons in both .040 and .060 overbores and still ran regular gas 99% of the time – even after switching from a 3310-x Holley/Edelbrock 2PO intake to an Accel/DFI fuel injection.  Never had any pinging problems with either the 2.79 or 3.07 rear ends used.  I hear a lot of folks say they can’t run over 9:1 or 9.5:1 without premium fuel or a fuel additive, but I never had to.

Dale McIntosh

67 El Camino

1967 Chevelle Reference CD in progress

ACES #1709/TC Gold #92