-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dennis Kiernan
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 12:17 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] mountain passes

James Colgan wrote:

>     I     think you would want to lean out the fuel mixture the higher you
> go . because the air gets thinner. less air less fuel.:)

Is that true? I've never understood how it works. I have the idea
that leaning it out gives you better mpg but costs you in power, and
the problem with mountain passes is that you lose horsepower the
higher you go. So I'm thorougly confused. (Nothing new).