Hi all,
i have a 283 in my 63 Impala, and I'm having some issues getting it to run correctly.
the main problem is, in park or neutral, it runs fine, with good to slightly high engine RPM's.  But In drive, when I come to a stop, it wants to bog down and die due to the RPM's dropping super low.  As long as I'm driving it, it runs very good, although with some hesitation ands stumble when I gas it.
The motor is basically stock, with a 2bbl carb, and an Accell HEI distributor.  The Accel has an adjustable vacuum advance unit.  I've tried to adjust it a turn at a time and drive it to see if there are any improvements, and there doesn't seem to be.
Any ideas on what I can check next?

Thank you.

Dan McIntosh
1963 Impala SS Convertible