From: Trooper
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Body Paint Recommendations

Dupont 2570 is a DTM (direct to metal) epoxy primer and doesn't require any special pretreatment to the metal (just clean, oil free, dirt free surface). PrepSol will do this for you. An epoxy primer is the primer of choice if your going to need time to finish the project, need a water proof primer, need durability, or want to do body work over the primer. Although VariPrime is a good self etch primer is IS porous, will absorb water and will start to rust if not topcoated. I've seen VariPrime start to rust in about a week in places where guys have touch the car.

Trooper