I am a real fan of a product called Sea Foam. It's a fluid that sells for about $6 a can and works wonders with stuck valves, gummed up carbs, etc. Fill the carb and let her set overnite; should clean it up.

Rich
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 1:40 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Off topic but in need of Carb Help!

I lurk a lot and have come to appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this list.
My problem is my 96 SeaRay OMC.
She has been sitting up too long (My wife wanted a pontoon) and when I went to fire her up for the summer ski season, the float, needle valve etc... seems to be gummed up. I have gas pouring out the top etc...
Anyone have any neat suggestions on a way to curb this problem without tearing it down or sending it to the dealer?
Maybe take the fuel line loose and spray it slam full of gumout and let it soak? Harm?
I just feel if I can get it running well enough it will eventually clean itself up.

Ed
EFMF Auto Page