-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Krister Meister
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:23 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Cc: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Re: [Chevelle-list] 70 ss only

I had read somewhere that the 396's ('66 - '69) actually measure out to be
a 402, but were called 396 to just come under some criteria at that time.
Anyone else able to support this?

Krister

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      Sent by:                        To:       The Chevelle
Mailing List <Chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      evelles.net                     Fax to:

                                                      Subject:  Re: Re:
[Chevelle-list] 70 ss only

                      06/16/2005 09:57 AM

                      Please respond to The

                      Chevelle Mailing List

    Ed,you don't have a 396,,unless the motor isn't original,,all 70 -72's
were 402's,,fact.

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Thu Jun 16, 12:16 AM
> To: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net
> Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 70 ss only
>
> 1970 Chevelle SS Convertible. 396, Muncie M-21, original 14 inch wheels.
> few things have been changed out over the years, headlights, top, things
like
> that, but the drivetrain is still intact.
>

> Ed Fleshman
> Columbia, SC
> EFMF - My Personal Automotive Page

1970 Chevelle SS Convertible. 396, Muncie M-21, original 14 inch wheels. A