At 07:36 AM 6/22/2005, you wrote:
Recently ( two months ago ) I bought a ' 69 Chevelle SS . I'm trying to determine if the car is a trueSS . The previous owner is 98% sure it is a true SS . The car has no paper work to prove or dis-prove it is a SS. I been to web sites that say you can determine it is a SS by the VIN and other web sites that say starting in'69 you can't use the VIN to determine if the car is a SS . The VIN for my car is 136379B382206 . Any help or ideas !

                              Thanks
                              Pete Hnat

You've gotta have a build sheet to prove it's an SS in 69, unless it shows a paint code for Monaco Orange or Daytona Yellow. Here's a reference for you--

http://www.chevelles.com/shop/ss_ident.html

BillL