Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 5:17 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] First Paint Chip - Help on paint color

Hello Everyone,

Just got my first paint chip on the door.   Yes someone at work or some place hit a classic car.  So now I ask for your help.

I have a '64 El Camino, that  the previous owner says has a Candy Apple Red paint job.   He gave me a spray can for touch up paint, but is not right shade.

Can any one help in giving me tips to find a matching color touch up paint and best way to work on the chip.

Been thinking of putting on door guards, a bumper line down the side of the car, but have not seen a good one for that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kelly