Leo John Costigan wrote:

Sure is quite tonight.

Alright. How about this, then? Do any of you have a station wagon? If so, do you know what kind of plastic it is that the interior trim panels are made of? I'm talking about the stuff that goes from the windows down to the floor in the back half of the car.  Mine is turning to powder and beginning to break of at the edges here and there.

There are four pieces. They are a discontinued item. Finding them in a junk yard wd do no good because they'd be the same age and also turning to powder. So I'm thinking maybe I could paint them , to hold them together, if I knew what kind of paint would adhere and would form a tough film.

Anybody have any ideas on this problem? I'm not too concerned with looks, just maintaining them structurally.