Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Z/28 engine

From: "Gene's General Restoration Parts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Here is an interesting read on the bore stroke combos from the factory.

Early Small Blocks
Most current GM small-block V8s (the LT and LS series) trace their lineage
to the 1954 265 in³ V8 developed for the Corvette. Displacement and power
eventually reached 377 in³ and 509 hp (in prototypes) before the Corvette
switched to Chevrolet big-block power. But the small-block lived on,
settling in at 350 in³ for decades of performance.

[edit]
265
The 265 in³ (4.3 L) V8 was the first Chevrolet small block. Designed by Ed
Cole's group at Chevrolet, it filled the power gap in the 1954 Corvette
lineup, producing an impressive 195 hp (145 kW). The little engine went from

Where was this originally published?  Apparently the author doesn't know
the difference between 1954 and 1955...

Brad O.