That's good to know about the Detroit Iron CD. I think I may have to get one of those. People ask me all the time to look up old part numbers.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Dale
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 2:12 PM
To: 'The Chevelle Mailing List'
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Original part numbers (formerly What do you drive?)

One area where this is somewhat covered – old part numbers – are some folks (like me) that have a Chevrolet Parts & Accessories catalog for particular years. I worked a Chevrolet parts counter in the early 70s and salvaged most of our old parts catalog when new editions arrived.  It does contain then-current part numbers for 64-(then new) 72 Chevrolets.  Also have a smaller catalog for 46-64 Chevrolets.

I also purchased a CD from Detroit Iron with reprints of parts catalog and other ‘generic’ information supposedly for a 1967 Chevelle and it turned out the catalog on the CD is essentially the same one I have in paper format but a couple of months later printing.

GM catalogs are out there and readily available.  Just remember that the numbers in the catalogs are numbers you’d get at that point in time.  Many had already changed and many more did change in later years but at least it’s a good starting point.

Dale McIntosh

67 El Camino

1967 Chevelle Reference CD now available!

ACES #1709/TC Gold #92