John,
The thing I noticed when I took the cluster out of my '69 was that each bulb is grounded to the metal chassis of the cluster, and that in turn needs to be grounded to (I think I remember) a bracket on the headlight switch. I think that if all of them aren't working, you should look to make sure the back of the cluster is properly grounded. I'm not sure how hard it is to get to with everything in place (mine is still apart), but you might be able to see if something is disconnected. If nothing else you can 'jumper' a ground from the interior to the back of the gauges to see if that might be the problem.
--
Shawn Price
Network Team Lead