Wonder what "Easy Off Oven Cleaner" would do. Haven't tried it for this but have used for some parts that had heavy carbon. Guess you would have to be sure to get all residue out. This is just a far fetched idea that occurred to me. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Knight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Octane (OT)

I was considering putting some vortec heads on this motor. If I do, what can I use to clean the pistons without hurting them while the head is off?

Thanks, Brian

From: "D.R. Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:55:53 -0500

Half and half mix kerosene and 30wt motor oil, down carb each spring, keeps everything clean. Used this on farm and never had problem with carbon. I have seen a few 87 350's with this problem in my shop and fixed all of them with the above brew, cheaper then the store bought stuff. Not sure why the 87 models really had this problem.

D.R. Jones

John wrote:

Yes trans fluid makes a great cleaner. Use it to clean running diesel injectors.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>