John,

I got onto this thread late, but if you're talking about the hook that supports either side of the E-brake, I went to Lowe's and got some round rod and made my own. Just bend it into two open hooks like an "S". One hooks into a hole in the body brace and the other holds slight tension on the cable.

Ron Griffith

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:46 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] E-brake intermediate cable

Looks like the equalizer on the A-body cars was just a metal hook. It was
the B & C body cars that had a cable. I'm going to check tomorrow to see of the hook is still attached to my car but I'm guessing it's gone. I went to a
shop today for an inspection but they said they wouldn't pass it w/o a
working e-brake. Need that sticker by Friday. Desert Dog Auto Parts said
they didn't have any of the parts :(