Yeah, me too.  I've also always been careful of hitting rev limiters on other cars I've owned.  I am considering a rev limiter for the Chevelle, but have always wonder if a rev limiter can cause harm to an engine as well?  Or is it just fouled plugs at worst?  Does anyone have an opinion on that?

Of course, even if the rev limiter caused some damage, it's probably not as serious as over revving an engine I'm sure.  There's no KABOOM! when you hit a rev limiter.  Just wondering if there might be long term harm.

Thanks,
Matt

At 11:29 AM 10/13/2005, you wrote:
 Thank you for the insight, it seems like harm can only come from this and no advantage gained.

I have always been won to respect the redline in cars, motorcycles, etc. and the few times over was a "whew it stayed together"

Thanks again,

Krister

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:01:27 -0400
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Back in the Day / Float the Valves?

Nope...it's basically reving the motor past the point where the valve springs can close the valve in time for the next compression or exhaust stroke. It's a "bad thing"...especially if the piston slaps a valve. That's one of the reasons valve seat spring load is important and why you match springs to cam, etc.

Craig E.