Anything is possible.  I would question the throttle linkage.  I put a newer 350 4bbl in place of a 283 2 bbl in a 67 Impala and had the same issue.  The angles were all wrong with the throttle linkage to the newer carb.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:56 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] help

Hi everyone,can anyone help me?,I purchased a used car recently,the pass.frt. parking light has never worked,and also the acc. pedal is quite close to the floor, resulting in only using part throttle under the hood,now here is where it gets weird,my local auto zone manager says that because of a bad ground,which is responsible for no parking light,the cars throttle has been acting as a ground,which meant the cable has been heating up,causing the cable to STRETCH resulting in the acc. pedal to sag to the floor? has ANYBODY ever heard of such a claim? please let me here from anybody

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.