John, you can get heavy duty choke cables for 70's trucks like the C 60 Chevorlet with governed carb.  Also, thay weremade for School Buses with carbs back when carbs were used.  They are extremely heavy duty and do not flex as much as the wire covered cheaper type.  I have one and it is very smooth to operated in all weather.  John
----- Original Message -----
From: John Nasta
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:37 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] manual choke (Edelbrock carb)

I've had my manual choke cable hooked up for probably a month or more now and it has already become really sticky. It's easier (but not exactly easy) to pull the choke on and much harder to push it to turn it off. Today I resorted to opening the hood and shutting it off at the carb. I have one of those "Help" (Motormite) cables. Are there better ones out there? I plan to take this one off and lube it if nothing else. Hopefully I can either get it to work more smoothly or get a better one. It’s becoming more of an issue now that it’s getting colder outside. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

John Nasta