The orange is supposed to be 100,000 mile antifreeze it comes in most all your newer cars. I have a 2000 Impala and it had the dex.cool (the orange) in it and the dex cool turned to a sludgy type stuff. And also it started to turn the low coolant light on. I had it flushed and put the regular green antifreeze in it and it runs about 20 deg. cooler in the summer .The low coolant light has never came on since.By the way my Impala had only 40,000 miles on it when the antifreeze looked like sludge.
Mark
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:53 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] orange vs. green anti-freeze

Is there really any known difference between orange vs. green anti-freeze
(other than the color)? I have the El Camino using orange and the MR2 using
green. I know you're not supposed to mix them. Just wondering if I should
stick with one or the other. The green seems to be more commonly available.
When my friend Rick & I built the EC engine we used orange just because it
was what he had in his shop. He also gave me a spare gallon to take home. I was running straight water all summer because of my heater core leak causing fumes to enter the cabin. I have since bypassed the heater core and put more
of the orange stuff in.

John Nasta