At 04:32 PM 11/26/2005, you wrote:

John - I'm actually gonna have two garage doors, a front (16X8) and rear (9x8) .   It would be easy to install the fan up in the rear gable vent.  I saw a couple of fans at the depot when I was looking at insulation & never put 2 & 2 together.

Dave - Don't you worry about rust?   Seems like in a machine shop a swamp cooler would oxidize fresh metal pretty quickly.  When we first moved into this house the dryer was vented into the attached garage.  I always felt that it wasn't doing any good to the elky or my wifes car.  I eventually vented it thru the roof.

I keep a little W40 on finished parts for storage. No big trouble
with rust in the 8 yrs we have been running them.
We keep the door open when using them.