Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:22 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] What to do with my 396??

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.

Well, I thought I was almost done with my car..was spurred on with the recent paint your engine posts so I thought I'd like to pull the engine and check a few things while I had it out to paint and found a can of worms..looks like I'm going to have to rebuild the motor..My question is while I'm in the process what should I do??  It's a 68 396/350 horse that I would like to do a few upgrades to maybe heads, cam.. I figure while it's out and I gotta do it anyway, at least that's what I'm telling my wife..i'd like to make it a little stronger without getting too crazy..I know it's a pretty broad question but I figured I'd just see everybody's thoughts.. you all have been so helpful..thanks..one last question, anybody know of a good engine guy in the Phoenix area?

Tom Purtzer
67 SS