Also remember that any coils cut off equal a stiffer spring. (higher compression rate)

Brian

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan McIntosh)
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Front coil springs
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:52:52 -0500

It's a much better option than heating the coils, but not as good as buying lowering springs. If you do decide to do this, use a method other than flame cutting, such as abrasive wheel, cold saw, etc...

Just remember, don't cut off too much at once, a 3" cut on the spring, DOES NOT equate to 3 inches of drop.

Dan McIntosh
1960 Impala Sport Coupe
Street Metal Fabrications
http://www.lowriderimpala.com