Where in Southern VA? Are you still in this area?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Dec 31, 2005 6:00 PM
To: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] What Year is Yours?

ok ok lol  mine starts off as my father is a lawyer not a car enthuiest so he bilt a law office in a shopping center with a auto pts store in it back in the early 70"s i was like 7 yrs old so they got tired of me hanging around so they gave me a job makin 50 cets a day (enough for my drinks )but i started learning and by 12 years was sellin parts to you older guys over the counter  than in 1980 my parents got divorced and we moved but  close to a body shop so i learned that i could play with cars and wash it off in the evning  so by the time i was 15 we had found a 69 mach 1 in a junkyard and a 428 scj out of (belive it or not) a 500 gt the car was trashed but motor was good well we had it ready by my 16th bday and needless to say i got it took from me and sold for having too much fun. well i became a very young well experianced and fairly educated bodyman ,i was working in a shop in southrn va restoring cars for a moron and was working on a 67 ss 396 conv.calli car with pwr windows and all the goodies i was talking to the owner (who came by almost every day) and he was so impresed with the care i was taking for his classic shevelle that he told me of a 72 ss chevelle conv.and the price he said he could get it for me for around 5000 it needed restoring but was a one owner and all orig well i had no money with new marriage and kids poping out well all of sudden the owner  passed away and left his estate to be handeled by another guy i restored manny of his cars for and he arranged it to were i could get the car for what the owner had in it a measly $1250. lol so i still was broke but the 67 chevelle owner bought it and let me pay him 25 bucks a week helped me get a top on it and i drove it for ten years  every day till i got side swiped  now finnaly i have a garage in ga and am currenty restoring the car i have loved  for years i will never sell it and it will be handed down to my son along with my chopper  i have been in tough times and  never could bring my self to sell i love my chevelle and  in this story it shows that chevelle owners are a different breed

Darin Bailey