If you are not out to race anybody and just want to have fun with your car, I would leave the 283. I have the Flowmaster El Camino kit (with 50s) on mine with stock exhaust manifolds and a 4bbl Edelbrock carb & intake. I have a "mild street cam". All is good. You can get really crazy trying to make your car the best and the most or you can just enjoy it for what it is. You can have lots of fun with a Chevelle with a 283. Put loud (dual) mufflers on it and most of the people who pull up alongside you and ask what size engine is in it will believe whatever you tell them.

John Nasta

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:21 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Frame Mounts

So in your opinion, would you leave the 283 and beef it up. and if so what would you do. it has no headers. just a single exhaust and a small two barrel carb. any ideas or input would be greatly appriciated.

From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Basically because the 350 was gone when I got it, and I got the 283 for free.

You have a 283 in a '70? It's a fine engine. Certainly not for racing but it will get you around. You can put loud mufflers on it and make it sound like you have something other than a squirrel chasing a nut. I have lots of fun with mine.

John Nasta