wecome karl,       i am a bodyman who has manny restorations under my belt  and am the owner of a 72 ss chevelle conv. of 15 years witch i truly love and wouldn't sell for no reason .lol but as to your  problem with your roof i am tring something different i bought my son a 73 nova  virtually rust free except for the darn roof  putting a used roof on will be extreamly time consuming and  hard to find/expensive  so i am going to try the por-15 method  we only have a few  small holes and por-15 had a primer,body filler and a patch so unless you have the rear window/ front windsheild gutter problems im gonna give it a try i will coat the outside as well as inside with the treatment  as to be sure of it not coming back im going to be putting a showroom paint job on this car so i am putting a lot of faith into this  and havent heard as of any one on the list tring this route but would appreciate any feedback form others who have done this  roof experament  i belive in  por15 as i have used it in other applications but not  on the  vinyil top conversion aspect  so ill let ya know how it works  and wecome to a great  comminity

Darin Bailey