I would like to suggest that you not use your "Little mechanic" as a ground, again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Pell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Jan 30, 2006 4:49 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Tricks or Tips?

I learned the same thing, the same way.  Only difference was that I was leaning against the front fender, and apparently my little mechanic was the path of least resistence / ground.    OUCH!!
I remember the day quite clearly, and will NEVER touch a plug wire or distributor while leaning against the car!!

--
  I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, Than live my
  life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is. -author unknown

  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  TREMEC Distributor at http://www.5speedTransmissions.com
  Team Chevelle member #1778 (Gold),  ACES member #1377
  Hoosier State Chevelle Assoc (http://www.IndianaChevelles.com) #6

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I learned of arching wires the hard way.  16 yrs old ( now 41), 62 Catalina (still have it) adjusting timing (during the day) loosen distributor and grabbed the top to adjust    ahhh - learned to respect it and changed the wires.

Krister
From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Here's a tip. Be sure to open your hood in the dark every once in a while. It's a great way to see if any of your ignition wires are arcing.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.23/243 - Release Date: 1/27/2006