small cars are coffins with wheels-----#1 having a big truck is like paying for life insurance[you have a far better chance in a big truck then a small car] besides the auto makers are screwing everyone into thinking we need small cars-----you don't think at this stage of the game tech. isn't there for 40 mph trucks------------we have fuel injection aero dynamics cats. air pumps etc. economy still bites bigger trucks are peace of mind.safety for the family etc. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Groves" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] OT: hybrids

IMO, it makes no financial sense to purchase a hybrid car at this time
unless a) you NEED a car or b) you can find one used.

Firstly, anyone who buys a brand new car off the lot is throwing away
thousands of dollars right off the bat. That is money that you'll never get back. And hybrids are typically much more expensive than regular cars of the
same size.

Second, buying a car when you don't need one is a waste of money, too.

For example, my daily driver is a '92 Ford Bronco with 4x4 and 5.0 engine in it. The thing is an absolute pig and with a 30 gallon tank, it costs almost
$70 to fill it up.  Thankfully, I work from home.  When gas prices went
through the roof this past summer, it took me more than $130 to fill it up.

Even still, the fact of the matter is that I bought the truck used and paid
cash for it. By doing so, I'm saving nearly $800 a MONTH over what I was
paying for the loan and insurance on the brand new Mustang GT that it
replaced.

When you buy a new car, you're paying a loan, higher insurance costs, and
absorbing very rapid depreciation.

Gas prices may very well spike back up to $3 a gallon this summer, and I'll
still be ahead of the game driving my gas-guzzling V-8 SUV.

Karl Groves
Master Certified CIW
http://www.karlgroves.com

Will Work For Parts: