Year One has 68 shrouds for BB for $87.00. Check out @ YearOne.com. gm66

--- Ron Zeppin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Ron Zeppin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:39:22 -0700
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 1968 fan shroud

Sounds like an awesome  project.  One of my coworkers mentioned a month
ago or so that he wanted to sell his 'hot rod' (he's in his
50's!) I asked him what his hot rod was, and he told me a '68 Malibu. He
bought it back in the early 90's, had it for awhile, wound
up putting a very healthy 400 +.060, ran it for a bit, put a set of Dart
Iron heads on it, new aluminum manifold, and holley 750 vac. sec,
3" exaust back to Flowmasters (not sure what model) then 2.5" all the
way out the back. TH350 tranny with a shift kit.
Nothing has more than 1000 miles on it.
Then he brought it out to Phoenix... couldn't get it through emissions,
so he put it in storage...back in 1998.
It's been sitting since then. Shouldn't be too tough to get it in legal
shape...getting it through emissions will be the trick.
The interior is strictly a yank it and toss it plan... nothing in it is
worth keeping. It's got two mismatched buckets...I'm trying to
decide whether to go with correct buckets, or get a custom pair from
summit/jegs, etc??
Body is relatively rust free from what i've seen so far. little rust
through on driver side rear wheel well opening, right at the top.
A bit on the package tray. seems to be a fair amount of filler in the
rear quarters...one of my first priorities is to find out
how bad they are...if they too bad, I'll wind up replacing the quarters.
Doors seems decent, front fenders and hood seem fine. grills a tiny bit
messed up, but I think I can fix it...
I'm planning on going with a mostly stock interior, from a kit. A buddy
of mine is giving me a Muncie M20 for the car,
as I'm a big believer in bangin' gears...be a bigger part of the experience!
It was originally Grotto Blue, now it BROWN! yuck! I'm planning on
taking it back to blue...not sure if I'll keep it the same
shade yet though. I'm planning on setting the guage cluster up with
Autometer guages.
Wheels are up in the air...I'll keep the ones that are on it now until I
can afford a custom set...
They're 265/60/15's on it, all the way around.

That's a general rundown! ;)
This has been a LONG AWAITED venture...15 years since I've had a muscle car!

AZ_Ron (Email Author)

timothy mcguire wrote:

> nice! i just bought my 68 around a month ago, i have a 63 327 out of a
> vette that we are dropping in. and the car right now is gutted, and
> primered. needs interior , and paint all else is pretty good.just
> trying to bring it back to the muscle car it should be!, fill me in on
> yours.  tim mcguire
>

>> From: Ron Zeppin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 1968 fan shroud
>> Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 20:46:46 -0700
>>
>> Anytime!!  I should be picking up my '68 Malibu in the next week or
>> so...
>> VERY STOKED!
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> timothy mcguire wrote: