Check the new master cylinder. The new replacements have a different depth hole for the push rod than the origingals. Change pushrod to right length if has deep hole. Push rod for somewhere in 70's Malibu's usually about right. Had this problem and all brake places around could not find. I found my original master cylinder and compared the two. That is how I found this problem. Might be something to look for.

John
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 69 Chevelle brake pedal drops to floor

Could be a blown rubber brake hose or other bad leak. The level in the MC
being only 1/4" low could mean that it just blew recently. If the level
keeps getting lower as you use the brake, you definitely have a leak (you
can test this w/o actually driving anywhere). Check around the rubber hoses,
backing plates, and wheel cylinders to see if they have been wet recently.
Try the brake several time w/ the car parked and running, and see if there
are any fresh drips under the car after applying the brake a bunch of times.
Don't "test" it so many times that you run the MC dry, but if the level
continues to drop, you have a leak. If the level stays the same but the
pedal keeps going to the floor even if you pump it, it's probably the MC.

p.s. It helps to use a relevant subject line.