Correct,taper toward tranny. gm66

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: "Dale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<Chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Pilot Bearing and Clutch Ball Stud
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:32:01 -0600

Parts book shows 64-72 Chevelle clutch fork studs to be #3729000 13/16"-16
with 21/32" diameter ball.  Passenger cars use 3790556 which is 3/16"-16.
Pilot bearing I think only goes in one way.  If you're using a bronze
bushing I think one side is tapered just a bit and that goes towards the
transmission or facing out of the crank.  Been a while since I messed with a
manual trans.

Dale McIntosh
67 El Camino
 <http://www.chevellecd.com> 1967 Chevelle Reference CD