From: "Clint Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Gas Mileage
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:15:43 -0500

I'll probably go that route in the future with my car. An LSx engine can make obscene power without losing hardly any driveability or mileage.
What I really want to drop in my 69 Elky is a 93-95 LT5 cammer motor. I'm selling my custom Harley so I can start saving for one. One of those with ported plenum and injector housings along with some custom headers should easily make 475hp and still get 25mpg. You haven't lived till you've heard one of these engines at 7,000rpm.
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
1969 El Camino ProTourer
2001 H-D FLHR custom bagger