Thanks for the info John. I'll save it in my save folder.

As to the driveshaft length, I will measure in the morning and let you know.

Larry Shouse
----- Original Message ----- From: "John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Drive shaft yoke!

Larry the big difference in yokes is the number of splines. Muncie 4spd 70 and up take 32 spline yoke instead of standard 27 spline output. Same yoke as some Turbo 400's. All 26 spline input Muncies take 32 spline output and all 10 spline input trans take 27 output. Length may vary according to driveshaft etc. Some 400 Turbo's had bolt on yoke for driveshaft. It bolted to end of mainshaft. Hope some of this helps. By the way what is the length of the drive shaft you have from center of u-joint to center of u-joint? If right length I need to talk to you about taking it off your hands.

Thanks John
----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Shouse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:37 PM

I have a driveshaft laying around with a yoke still on it. Not sure what year it came off of, or what tranny was used with it, but it came with my 66 basket case. It's too short for my car with a big block and 4 speed. Anybody have an idea

are all yokes interchangeable with Chevelles?

Dan, what's your engine/tranny combo? If we can determine that my yoke will work, you can have it for shipping cost.

Larry Shouse

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Mascheck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>