From: "Clint Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Fire
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:20:11 -0500

I mounted a two pound Halon unit on my ZR-1's rollbar,within easy reach. When I
re-do the interior in my El Camino this year,a fire extinguisher mount will be
a mandatory addition. Right now,I just carry one behind the seat but that's not
really a safe way to do it.
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
1969 El Camino protourer
2001 H-D FLHR custom bagger
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
"You may find me dead one day in a ditch. But by God,you'll find me in a pile of
brass."

----- Original Message ----- From: Russ Miesner

 A couple of weeks ago I had a buddy at work tell me about his father-in-law
and his bad and good luck.  His father-in-law has a '62 Impala convertible.  He
took it for a ride recently and as he was driving he had an engine fire. (Bad
luck).  When he pulled off the road he had a trucker stop, run up with a fire
extinquisher, put out the fire, get back in his truck and take off before the
guy could even say thanks or anything. (Good luck).  This has made me
definately want a fire extinquisher.  Does anyone have any suggestions on the
type to get.  Do you use a typical house type or is there a special type?  His
damage was confined to the engine compartment.  He had no body or paint damage.

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.