Check you gauge first, sometimes the gauge will be defected then check your oil pressure with another gauge, if it still  remans low then seek professional help. It could be inside your oilling passages. good luck Eddie 66ss conv.

"Jimmy C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I put the chevelle on the road last thursday ,been driven around town I put about 75 miles freash rebuild, 454ci mild comp cam ,easy miles (3500rpm max) with 4 speed trans, everything was great. went to put it into the garage and noticed about 12 psi on the oil pressure gauge. shut it off thinking I was seeing things (praying). I started again fired right up no weird noises idled nice, still read about 12 psi. gauges are new electric auto meter. is there a simple answer to this, what should I be looking for?       Jimmy C.

Eddie Bumgarner 66ss conv.