By the shape of the cover and the external axle bearing retainers. No c clips.
Mike
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] looking for a yoke seal 8.2 Pontiac rear end

I have a 67 GTO. It didn't come with a 12-bolt. I always thought it was a 10-bolt (open)but maybe it is not. How do you identify an BOP 8.2?

I have installed a chevy 12 bolt posi in it tho since I assumed it was a 10-bolt, so I guess it's too late to matter.
Steve

---- Clint Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wouldn't a 66 Goat have a 12 bolt rear? How about a 66 Tempest?
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
1969 El Camino protourer
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
"You may find me dead one day in a ditch. But by God,you'll find me in a pile of brass."

----- Original Message ----- From: Mike Holleman

That's actually a better rear than the Chevy 10 bolt. It's a BOP 8.2 rear and parts are no problem. I get mine locally at the Carquest store. Tell em you have a 66 GTO so you don't confuse them.
  Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: Dave Corgill

    That's the rear end in my 66 elky. 10 bolt posi,
    has no C-clips (I know cause I changed the bearings
    7 yrs ago). The place I got them is no longer in
    business.

    Have no idea how the rear got in my elky, maybe a
    shortage at GM? My Elky also has no hood spear.
    Weird.

    Anyone know where I should look?