Thanks guys for your input. I'll go rent a spring compressor at Autozone.

Larry
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 11:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Front Suspension - Brake Conversion

  Absolutely.    You can borrow a compressor from an auto store, the compressed springs have too much stored energy to do without.    It can be done without but its much more dangerous.

 There are several web sites available with complete details & pictures.  A few are listed in the WORKSHOP section at http://links.chevelles.net/links   .

If you haven't bought the replacement parts yet,  I'd highly recommend MOOG, TRW or DANA parts.    The first time I did mine, I used kit parts that were "no name" I had to do it again 30-40K later.   I believe that some of the kits include the good stuff.  I bought all MOOG replacement items (ball joints, tie rods ) at Oreillys.  They were in stock & reasonably priced.

Good luck