Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Back Tire Size - 66 Chevelle

Wheel diameter doesn't really change the backspace requirements. Wheel width does and tire width selection becomes more important when you go up in diameter. For example,you can get by with a 275 tire on a 15x8 wheel but when you jump up to a 17 or larger,a 275 tire would need at least a 9" width to work correctly because of the shorter sidewall.
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
1969 El Camino protourer
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
"You may find me dead one day in a ditch. But by God,you'll find me in a pile of brass."