I'm getting down to the details on the restoration of the '68 El Camino now. A long time ago, I painted the lower section of the car (below the chrome line) black. Prior to this, the car only had it's stock paint job on it.

The valance that sits on the bottom of the grill, and just under the front bumper iss painted black. I was thinking that years ago, I must have painted that black, and it was originally body color. Upon further inspection, it appears that it may have originally been black. I can't find any body color under the black on it. Can anyone confirm that these were (flat black?) black on 68 Chevelles and El Camino's from the factory? I was all set to paint it body color, but now I'm thinking that this would be incorrect. Thanks for the help.

Kevin Riel