Hi Bill,

In my 5 years in the business, there has only been one time a piece of sheet metal has ever been returned because the customer was a body shop professional and he said it just didn't fit right. It was a Goodmark hood and the customer had opted to pay the extra money because it was from Goodmark. The Goodmark people replaced it with other merchandise (he said he didn’t want another one of their hoods), and the guy got a DII hood, which he said fit fine. I have used DII panels on my own car and have sold them for 5 years without anybody ever saying that they didn’t fit. For years Goodmark sold DII panels and simply charged more for them, and people thought that they must have been different or better because they cost more. Now Goodmark claims that they don’t buy from DII any more. That may be true but I'll bet it's a fancy way of saying that they still have their panels stamped at the same place that DII does, and they found a way to get around DII. The fact is that there aren’t a long list of places that are ultimately stamping any of this stuff. It just always bugs me when people assume that because Goodmark charges more, their stuff is better. Most of it is exactly the same stuff you would get from another vendor.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Vander Werf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:06 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] trunk pans

John,

I didn't mean to step on any toes. I wasn't saying that nobody else sold any quality parts.

I've had bad experiences with some "other" brands. My philosophy is that if you have to put a couple extra hours into making something fit, it is actually more expensive. That is, unless your time isn't worth anything to you. I've bought some "other" sheet metal parts that I swear the die was worn out about 30,000 panels before they made mine.

If you know of something equivalent or better, tell us about it.

I've had good luck with Goodmark parts and bad luck with some "others". I was just passing along my own experience.

Bill Vander Werf