From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Nasta
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 5:12 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Ticking from #4 Cylinder :-( (addidional info)

To adjust the valves you will either need a set of oil deflector clips or you can take an old valve cover and cut open the top above the adjuster nuts. Otherwise oil will fly all over the place and make a huge mess out of your engine compartment.

IIRC you tighten the nut over the rocker arm until the engine starts to run a little bit rough and then back it off 1/4 turn. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. It’s been a couple of years since I adjusted valves.

HTH,

John Nasta