-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Nasta
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 3:10 PM
To: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Road book - cool idea

One of the guys on my Yamaha 650 email list came up with a pretty cool
idea. He calls it a "road book" and the idea is to list people who are
willing and able to help if you get stranded in their area. You are
supposed to keep the list in/with the vehicle. It is broken down by
country, then state. Each listing includes the person's name, email
address, phone numbers (preceded by C for cell, H for home, W for
work) and then some codes about what kind of help you can offer (A =
advice, E = electrical help, M = mechanical help, S = storage, WS =
work space, C = camping space, T = tools available, D??? = distance in
miles that you are willing to travel, TT = truck or trailer available,
etc.

He keeps this password protected in pdf format on his server and he
gives out the password by email so that you have to be a list member
to get it. I think it's a pretty cool idea. I told him that one thing
I'd personally like to see added is recommended repair shops. Maybe we
could do something like that for the Chevelle list.

John Nasta