Title: Re: Car will absolutely not idle - the sequel

Somebody said, keep us posted so here goes..

Took the car for a drive and got the temp up to 180*, and noticed that the car was running very rough below 1200 RPM, but I could keep it at about 800 if I worked the gas pedal like a fiend.  Yea, my ankle got a workout.

I figured I had a leak somewhere else, so I adjusted the idle so that the engine would stay running long enough for me to find a leak.  A spray of carb cleaner on the base of the carb caused the RPMs to spike about 200-300 RPMs, and then get rough again.  GOTCHA!!!!  I think I have a leak on the base of the carb.  The gasket is new with the Trick Kit I put on the carb, so a trip to the local parts house tomorrow for some RTV should clear that up.  If anyone thinks this is a stupid idea, let me know.

I will continue to keep you posted

T.J. Ringlein, Clovis California

72 Chevelle, in shambles