Title: Car will absolutely not idle - the final chapter

Okay so here is the deal.

After trying in vain for 6 weeks to locate a vacuum leak in or around the carb, the car is fixed.  Here is the scoop.

I finally pulled my last hair out over this issue, and still could not figure out what the hell was going on.  All 8 cylinders were firing check.  Carb taken apart 2 or 3 times for gaskets/adjustment check.  Every single vacuum line on the car replaced or capped check.  Carb still showing signs of a vacuum leak at the passenger side base (RPMs go up about 300 when carb cleaner is sprayed in this vicinity).  I talk to my brother, who knows everyone he mentions that he knows a good carb guy, and I should give him a call.  So I hobble the 72 over to Precision Auto in Clovis Ca, and give directions to not rebuild the carb for $230 I had already performed a rebuild.  Please call me if the bill is going to go over $70 and I will fix it myself.  Well day 1 goes by, and he cant figure it out either so he decides to sleep on it.  Problem was that the car would purr like a kitten when choked, but run like s#%t under about 1300 RPM when warm.  Seemed as if it was running a tad lean.  Turns out that the fuel was only feeding on one side of the carb the drivers side.  The mechanic was about to pull the carb and soak it in carb cleaner to fix the problem, but decided to start it one more time to see what happened.  Well, the car backfired through the carb something serious and fixed itself.  A quick tune later, adjust the idle, and the car runs like it always did 9 years ago.  Wish it would have backfired for me so I could have saved $70.  So now, I move on to the next problem hopefully I can figure this one out without help! J

T.J. Ringlein Clovis, CA

72 Chevelle, in shambles

Runnin again..