Body off Frame How-To?Tom, try this link. I found it to be valuable when I was
restoring my '66. Click on BODY ROTISSERIE.
http://www.si.hhs.nl/~rob/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Ringlein
  Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:24 AM
  Subject: [Chevelle-list] Body off Frame How-To?

  I know, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.  Hopefully we
won't get any on this topic.

  I know the classic "A-body" cars we love have some problems that need to be
addressed occasionally on cars that have not been apart in 30-plus years.  One
of those happens to be the frame - notably, the frame mounts that are prone to
rusting.  I want to inspect my frame for rust, and in the process, put some
POR-15 on it to prevent it rusting for the next 30 years or so.  I plan to pull
the car apart starting in January, but I don't have any high dollar tools or
access to a local shop.  Is there an easy way (or not too incredibly hard way)
to pull the body in my garage?  Can I use an engine hoist to lift the front,
support it on some concrete blocks and a 4x4, do the same with the back, and
roll the frame out from underneath it?  Without buying some special tools
and/or shop time, I am not sure of any other way.  Any local guys know a place
that can help me with this endeavor?  My body shop of choice will only work on
the body when it is on the frame.  The ideal situation would be a good body guy
that would work on the body while it was on a rotisserie so I could have 6-8
months to work on the chassis.  There are at least a few guys here that have
done this - what did you do?

  Now if I can only prevent the "if you give a mouse a cookie" routine...

  T.J. Ringlein

  72 Chevelle in shambles (but it still runs and drives)

  Clovis, California